Motivation and objective
- Exclusivity paired with an unconventional attitude to life, that's what Mercedes-AMG and the skateboard and streetwear brand Palace have in common.
- Motorsport and street skateboarding share some basic characteristics: in both areas, it's all about performance and speed; adrenaline and coolness form an unbeatable combination.
- So it makes sense that Mercedes-AMG, with its roots in motorsport and involvement in Formula 1 plus GT3 and GT4 customer racing, would partner with Palace, the iconic London skateboarding brand that plays a pioneering role in the skateboarding and fashion world with its unique look, and likewise enters the competitive fray with enthusiasm on a daily basis.
Extent of the collaboration
- The collaboration includes the first co-branded collection of apparel and accessories jointly designed by Palace and a car brand, as well as the first vehicle livery designed by Palace.
- This will be presented on the Mercedes-AMG GT3 racing car of Mercedes-AMG Team HRT with the starting number 6 at the legendary ADAC Total 24-hour race at the Nürburgring on 4 June 2021. With this GT3 racing car, Palace has created a campaign that spectacularly showcases the vehicle and the collaboration.
"The partnership with Palace underlines the transformation of our Mercedes-AMG brand towards more lifestyle. We are opening up to new target groups and sending out strong signals with spectacular and surprising campaigns that further sharpen the brand orientation of Mercedes-AMG," says Philipp Schiemer, Chairman of the Board of Management of Mercedes-AMG GmbH.
"We love working with the best in their field, and AMG is just that. We are very proud to be participating in such a great motorsport event as the ADAC Total 24-hour race with a racing car that bears our rowdy livery,” Palace said.
The Palace X AMG Collection
- Inspired by the energy of endurance racing and the rich iconography of AMG, Palace has designed an exclusive collection that fuses streetwear with the world of motorsport aesthetics. At the centre of the collection, and prominently displayed on the bonnet of Palace's Mercedes-AMG GT3, is a white sabre-toothed tiger as a visible - and emphatically audible - symbol of the collaboration between AMG and Palace.
- Like the livery of the Palace Mercedes-AMG GT3, the Palace AMG Collection uses the colour palette of the sabre-toothed tiger and its habitat. Orange and violet, as well as black and white tones, evoke the sunsets of the Indian savannah and the fur of the tiger.
- At the same time, the designers were inspired by the sound and energy of an endurance race.
- The collection combines streetwear as a cult with the striking appearance of racing cars marked by sponsor logos. References to motorsport and the placement of the combined Palace and AMG logos as well as the specially created collaboration logo are distinctive features.
- The collection includes Palace basics such as a Gore-Tex jacket and trousers, a leather jacket, sweatshirts, hoodies, polo shirts and T-shirts.
- Accessories such as caps, knitted beanie hats, driving gloves, luxurious leather bags and a skateboard with matching sets of wheels in an AMG rim design round off the range.
The "Get Sehr Fast" campaign
- Inspired by the raw, animal power of the Mercedes-AMG GT3, Palace has created a campaign called "Get Sehr Fast", set in the world of motorsport and performing on the legendary Nürburgring North Loop.
- The Mercedes-AMG GT3 in the Palace-designed livery meets Palace skaters Rory Milanes, Chewy Cannon, Benny Fairfax and Charlie Birch, as well as Palace videographer Austin Bristow and a white sabre-toothed tiger. In this way, the campaign combines the relentless pace of endurance racing with Palace's relentless pursuit of excitement and surprise.
- Palace creatives Lev Tanju and Stuart Hammond are responsible for the creation of the film.
- The launch of the Hero Film on 31 May at 1.00 p.m. can be experienced via the following link: http://amg4.me/AMGxPALACE
Sales and distribution
- Available in Palace stores & online
- from Friday 4 June 2021, 11 a.m. BST-UK / 12 noon CEST-Europe / 11 a.m. EST and 8 a.m. PST-USA;
- from Saturday, 5 June 2021, 11 a.m. JST-China / 11 a.m. JST-China (WeChat)
Mercedes-AMG is the performance and sports car brand of Mercedes-Benz Cars based in Affalterbach, Germany. Driven by the fascination of motorsports, Hans Werner Aufrecht and Erhard Melcher founded the company in 1967. Since 2005 Mercedes-AMG GmbH has been a wholly-owned subsidiary of Daimler AG representing the sporting spearhead of the company with a wide range of models ranging from performance compact cars up to true sports cars like the AMG GT family. In contrast to large-scale production,
Mercedes-AMG's engines are assembled in Affalterbach according to the "One Man, One Engine" principle. AMG was born on the racetrack, and to this day remains committed to "Driving Performance" in every detail, which is also expressed in every vehicle's perceptible, innovative excellence. AMG - these three letters stand for supreme automotive performance, exclusivity, emotion, efficiency and highly dynamic driving pleasure, and for exclusive encounters, contact points and collaborations for customers all around the globe. AMG continues to set benchmarks, and as a sub-brand of Mercedes-Benz, has the ambition to strengthen the product portfolio as a performance luxury brand. At present AMG is driving the transformation of the company forward and redefining the future of Driving Performance with electrified powertrains.
Palace Skateboards the disruptive, witty and always surprising London based brand that authentically straddle the worlds of high fashion, streetwear and core skate. Founded in 2009 by Lev Tanju and Gareth Skewis, the brand is available at Palace flagship stores globally in London, New York, Los Angeles and Tokyo as well as online & Dover Street Market London and Los Angeles. www.palaceskateboards.com