Please wait a moment ...
Please wait a moment ...
OverviewOverview: The highlightsThe new smart electric drive: Electrification of all smart modelsTechnical dataThe electric drive: Urban driving fun in the fourth generationUnder the microscope: The "smart control" app: Permanent online connection to the smartUnder the microscope: Pre-entry climate control: Cosy warmth when you're ready to set offThe smart family: Electrification of the entire model rangeEquipment and features: Maximum scope for individualisationUnder the microscope: smart electric drive greenflash: Exclusive special model for the launchUnder the microscope: Deutsche ACCUMOTIVE: Energy storage from SaxonyUnder the microscope: the smart electric drive in studies: Good marks in surveysThe holistic philosophy: Powered by the wind, from the car to the gridThe heritage: Powered by electricity since 2007
Feb 22, 2017
- The new smart electric drive combines the unique agility of the smart with local emission-free driving – the ideal match for urban mobility
- smart is the only car manufacturer worldwide to offer its model range with both combustion engines and all-electric drive - the smart fortwo, smart fortwo cabrio and smart forfour are available as electric drive models
- The smart fortwo cabrio is the only electric cabriolet on the market
- With 160 Newton metres of torque, the 60 kW electric car boasts exceedingly agile acceleration
- The fully charged battery has sufficient power to cover approximately 160 kilometres in accordance with the New European Driving Cycle, making it ideal for urban use
- With the high-performance on-board charger the smart electric drive can be charged up to twice as fast as before (depending on the country version and the electric power grid)
- With the new fast charger (optional extra available from 2017) the vehicle can be charged in less than 45 minutes (from 0 to 80%)
- The 17.6 kWh lithium-ion battery from the Daimler subsidiary Deutsche ACCUMOTIVE is housed in the vehicle underbody in a safe position that is favourable for the vehicle's centre of gravity
- The ECO mode is a particularly energy-efficient drive program. The radar-based recuperation controls energy recovery depending on the traffic situation.
- With the "smart control" app a host of electric drive information can be called up via smartphone, tablet or PC and functions such as pre-entry climate control or intelligent charging can be conveniently controlled remotely.
- In addition to the extensive standard equipment of the model series, the smart electric drive models also come with a dashboard instrument with power meter and battery status display and the Cool&Audio package. The winter package with a heated steering wheel for maximum thermal comfort is available as an exclusive option for the electric drive models
- The electric drive design package (option) gives the vehicle an expressive look. Among other features the tridion safety cell and door mirror caps are painted in exclusive electric green
- With eye-catching design details in electric green the special model smart electric drive greenflash is a further exciting highlight for the market launch
- This is already the fourth generation of electric drive for smart. With the launch of the first electrically driven test fleet in London back in 2007, smart took on a pioneering role in the field of electric mobility
- The smart fortwo and the smart forfour will be launched in Europe in the spring of 2017, the battery-electric version of the cabriolet will be introduced on the market in Europe in summer 2017
- In Germany prices for the smart fortwo electric drive will start at €21,940 (recommended retail price including 19% VAT). When the environmental bonus is taken into account this means that it will cost less than €18,000