A striking characteristic of the exterior design is the expressive front end: the new GLC 63 4MATIC+ is the first Mercedes-AMG Performance vehicle to feature the AMG Panamericana, which was previously reserved for the AMG GT family of sports cars. This design statement affirms the consistently dynamic design of the new Performance SUV and Coupé. A wide front apron inspired by the design of a jet wing, with a large front splitter, impressively embodies the power of the new models. By dispensing with a fine-meshed grille, it gives a view of the cooling technology – a typical attribute from the world of motor sport and a further differentiation from the other GLC models. Wider wheel arch claddings at front and rear lend emphasis to the muscular looks.
The new side sill panels make the SUV and Coupé appear to sit lower on the road while elongating the overall lines. On the S-model variant, matt iridium silver inserts make for a distinctive appearance. The muscular rear end is dominated by the wide rear apron and diffuser in grained black. The trim on the diffuser board of the S-model variant is in matt iridium silver. For the first time the SUV features a spoiler lip on the roof. The exhaust system is terminated by two high-gloss chrome-plated twin tailpipe trim elements.
Interior also with a consistent focus on driving dynamics
The interior underscores the leadership ambition of the new mid-size Performance SUVs in terms of driving dynamics. Driver and front passenger are enclosed as standard in sports seats in ARTICO man-made leather, combined with DINAMICA microfibre, which unite excellent lateral support with functional ergonomics tailored to the job of driving.
The dashboard is trimmed in black ARTICO man-made leather with contrasting topstitching. The high-grade look is underlined by aluminium trim. The touchpad is flanked by the AMG DYNAMIC SELECT switch and numerous AMG-specific controls such as the button for the 3-stage AMG RIDE CONTROL suspension, 3-stage ESP® or optionally the button for the AMG Performance exhaust system with flap control.
The S-model variant comes with an even more extensive equipment package, including a Performance steering wheel in black nappa leather / DINAMICA microfibre, AMG badges in the front head restraints in combination with leather appointments and AMG instrument cluster with red highlights.
Exclusive optional extras
The AMG Performance Studio offers technical and design highlights to make the Mercedes-AMG GLC 63 4MATIC+ even sportier, more exclusive and more individual. The following provides just a selection:
- AMG Performance exhaust system with flap control at the push of a button
- Greater differentiation of the sound characteristics by two additional exhaust flaps
- Sound characteristics dependent on selected drive program ‑ clear differentiation between a full sound in the C and S drive programs and a distinctly sporty sound in the S+ and RACE drive programs
- Additional control of the sound characteristics via button on the centre control panel in the centre console
- AMG Night package:
- Front splitter of the AMG front apron in high-gloss black
- Inserts in the AMG side sill panels in high-gloss black
- Exterior mirror housings in high-gloss black
- Waistline trim strip and window frame in high-gloss black
- Roof rails (SUV only) matt black powdered
- Heat-insulating, dark tinted glass from B-pillar
- AMG sports exhaust system with two chrome-plated twin tailpipe tips
- Trim strip on the diffuser board in high-gloss black (only in combination with S-model)
- AMG Exterior Carbon Fibre package:
- Exterior mirror housings in carbon fibre
- Spoiler lip in carbon fibre
- 20-inch light-alloy wheels (two colour variants)
- 21-inch light-alloy wheels (two colour variants)
- 21-inch forged wheels (two colour variants)
- AMG Performance Studio interior:
- Upper section of dashboard and waistlines in black nappa-look ARTICO man-made leather with contrasting topstitching in the interior colour
- Two-tone nappa leather in red pepper/black or platinum white/black, perforated
- black nappa leather, perforated
- designo nappa leather in platinum white/black with diamond design
- designo nappa leather in black with diamond design
- Trim in carbon-fibre/light longitudinal-grain aluminium
- AMG Performance seats for driver and front passenger with more heavily contoured seat shape for enhanced lateral support, with integral head restraints and "AMG" badge in the seat backrests
Exclusive "Edition 1" special model at market launch
The SUV and Coupé variants of the Mercedes-AMG GLC 63 4MATIC+ and GLC 63 S 4MATIC+ are also available at market launch as an "Edition 1" special model: the exclusive combination of equipment details turn the special model into the flagship of the range.
In both body variants, the Night package in high-gloss black enhances the racing-inspired looks. The sports stripes on the sides of the vehicle are in yellow or matt graphite grey, depending on the paint colour and model variant. The matt black 21-inch cross-spoke forged wheels are provided with highlights in the form of yellow or high-sheen rim flanges. The Aerodynamics package, too, draws its inspiration from the world of motor sport. The scope of equipment of the yellow variant of the Edition 1 additionally includes ceramic brakes.
The racing feel is carried over into the interior. The sports seats are upholstered in black nappa leather and reprise the colour yellow in the contrasting topstitching of the specific diamond pattern. Black nappa leather with yellow contrasting topstitching also enhances the door centre panels, armrests and centre console. Further yellow highlights adorn the instrument cluster, floor mats and Performance steering wheel with flattened bottom section in DINAMICA microfibre with 12 o'clock marking. Added to this is AMG trim in matt carbon fibre / light longitudinal-grain aluminium. Exclusive to the Edition 1 special model is the AMG Performance seat with diamond design and contrasting topstitching in yellow (standard in the S-Model with a corresponding exterior).